Who we are
Our website address is: https://myrace.run.
- Entrants take part in MyRace virtual events entirely at their own risk and are 100% responsible for selecting a safe route to run. Entrants should wear hi-viz clothing when running in low light conditions and take care around traffic or when running off road. MyRace and the charities it supports accept no responsibility for any accidents or injuries sustained whilst taking part in a MyRace virtual event.
- Children are welcome to take part in MyRace events but should be accompanied and closely supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- After completing your virtual race you must upload a run details photo (or multiple photos if you break the event down into several goes) to your event entry in your account. Without a run details photo(s) you will not have completed your virtual race and so will not receive the finisher’s medal and goody bag. If you experience any difficulties creating or uploading a run details photo(s), please contact the MyRace team.
- If you do not submit run evidence within 12 months of entering an event, we will send your medal and goody bag to you. We will make every effort to ensure you receive the medal to the event you entered, but if you do not upload run evidence within 12 months, we cannot guarantee this will be the case.
- MyRace virtual runs are not competitive events and as such, there will be no winner of each event.
- MyRace will be free to use any images uploaded to myrace.run or in which we are tagged on our social channels for any purpose.
- Many virtual events have a designated charity beneficiary. All MyRace events which support a chosen charity are not official events of that charity, however White Label Virtual Events are partnerships between MyRace and the charity in question.
- MyRace adheres to the regulations and guidance of The Charities Act 1992 positioning ourselves as a “Commercial Participator”.
- You are entitled to a refund if you are not 100% satisfied with your medal or the service you have received. In the case of a refund:
- MyRace must receive written notice of your refund request within 7 calendar days of your receipt of the medal and goody bag at email@example.com. No refunds can be given after this period has elapsed.
- The medal must be returned to MyRace in secure, protective packaging at your own expense. Once we have received the medal we will refund the full cost less a £2.50 administration fee.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide our mailing address.
- Please also inform us whether you would like the event charity to keep your donation or if you would like this to also be refunded. Details of how much money a charity receives from each race entry can be found in the relevant event page.
MyRace Virtual Racing Ltd (MyRace) is a virtual events company registered in England and Wales with the company number 10811932. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any applicable replacement legislation, the data controller is MyRace, whose address is 25 The Street, Wrecclesham, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 4PP.
- Information we collect.
For the purposes of GDPR, when entering a MyRace virtual event, you are entering into a contract with MyRace. We collect personally identifiable information about you when you enter a MyRace event, such as your full name, email address, billing address, shipping address and phone number. When purchasing an entry into a MyRace event, our third-party payment services (PayPal & Stripe) will collect your payment information. This payment information is managed by PayPal and Stripe and we do not have access to it.
As part of the event completion process you are also expected to upload images of the activities you have completed (run evidence).
- How we use your information.
We use the information we collect to identify you as a participant in a MyRace event. We require your shipping address in order to send you your event medal and goody bag. We require a phone number in case we need to contact you about your event entry. We require your email address in order to send you an entry confirmation and then a medal dispatched notification.
We may need to send you occasional event related emails, such as instructions on how to gather and upload your run evidence, however we will not send marketing or promotional emails unless you have asked to receive these.
- How we share your information.
MyRace will not share or sell your personal information with any individual or organisation.
- How long we store your information for.
The information we collect is stored for a period of 24 months from your last event entry, after which it is permanently deleted. If you have asked to receive marketing emails from MyRace, we will continue to send you these, until you unsubscribe from our mailing list.
- Your right to erasure.
You can request at any time that we delete your information from our stored data. This can be requested through the ‘Contact Us’ page on the MyRace website which can be accessed HERE. We will respond to all requests for erasure within 14 days of receipt.
Questions & Complaints
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.